Saturday, March 24, 2007

More Birthday Fun!

We had several good friends and their families, as well as relatives from my side of the family over to the house for a birthday party on March 3rd. I went with a Sesame Street theme for the table ware, and made "Hokey Pokey Elmo" the centerpiece. We had finger foods, punch, and cupcakes. In lieu of gifts, we asked everyone to bring an item for Alex' baby time capsule which he will open on his 18th birthday. (Thanks to my friend Kari for this wonderful idea!) Some of the contributions were very creative. The Ranums brought a USB drive with headlines from newspapers around the world on March 3rd. I just hope USB drives aren't completely obsolete by 2024! My grandma Nadine brought her and my grandad's expired passports from when they went to Kenya for the first time when I was just a baby. Other cool items were a menu from Baja fresh from the Loffinks, and a pair of baby shoes from my Aunt Dyana in memory of the fact that Alex loved to play with shoes when he was little. Rusty included a couple of 2006 mint coin sets. By the way, we haven't sealed up the time capsule yet, so any family and friends out there who still want to contribute something, please feel free!

Alex got to try a chocolate cupcake this time, and he thought it was just as delicious as the "funfetti" cupcake he had on his actual birthday. Here he is relishing every bite, and all the attention.

The one-handed cupcake smoosh.

Finger-lickin' good.

I LOVE CHOCOLATE!

You're kidding, right? I don't get a cupcake every day?

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous8:57 PM

    He is such a cutie! Happy Belated first birthday Alex.

    ReplyDelete