Saturday, June 16, 2007

Exodus

Well, the great exodus from Mary's house is now complete! It has been almost a week, and I still feel like I am recovering, so forgive me for not posting sooner. We are now staying with friends in Vancouver, WA (just across the river from Portland). Words cannot express how grateful we are to Tim and Chalon and Baby Lemuel for allowing us to move in with them for the next month and use their garage for storage until we can get our shipment packed. The estate sale is next weekend, and I must admit, I am curious to see how well the estate liquidator handles the mess we left them. I did take some "before" pictures on Sunday night before we left the house, and I will try to take some "after" pictures next Friday when we do our pre-sale walk-through.

Several have asked for more details regarding our upcoming move back to Memphis. So, here is our general plan for the next two months:
  • We will leave Portland on July 12th
  • We will spend most of July traveling through Canada, visiting some of Rusty's relatives who live there.
  • We will spend the first week of August in Detroit with my parents.
  • We will arrive in Memphis (Lord willing!) on Tuesday, August 7th.

We are definitely taking the scenic route to Memphis, but I am really looking forward to it! Although I have been to Canada before, I have never driven through it. Also, I will be meeting "cousins-in-law" and their families whom I have never met. We are planning to do some camping along the way as well, which should prove to be an adventure with a 16-month old!

Pictures to follow as soon as I can locate the digital camera!

1 comment:

  1. I didn't realize you were leaving the area so soon! We're in town for camp and stuff, so maybe we can see each other. Camp is the last week of June (wanna come visit?), and we'll be at church at Renovatus on July 1 and at Vancouver on the 8th. Maybe our paths will cross?

    ReplyDelete