Sunday, September 30, 2007

Mommy's Little Helper

Lately, Alex has become an eager little beaver when it comes to helping around the house. He helps me sort the laundry and push the laundry basket to the door. He helps me make the bed. He throws things in the trash, helps me pick up his toys, and if I say, "Take this to Daddy," he will run and do it. Today, we were moving a big stack of books from the hallway into our bedroom. When Rusty told him he could help us, he got so excited. He made several trips back and forth, carrying books, and when the stack was gone, he said "More? More?"

Alex also likes to "help" in the kitchen. He is not quite old enough to start doing the dishes, but sometimes I will let him stand on a chair at the sink and play with plastic cups in the water. He also has his own cupboard that is full of nothing but Tupperware and plastic containers. His favorite thing to do is to climb inside it and throw everything out onto the floor. I'm not sure how he thinks this is helping me, but he is quite industrious about it, so obviously it is something that needs done in his mind.


Now, if only I knew how to make the "helpful" stage last forever.

6 comments:

  1. That is so stinkin' cute! What a big boy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alex, you are a big boy to help Mommy and Daddy like you do. Nyanya and Babu are so proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He's so sweet! He found a piece of paper in the floor over here today and brought it to me saying "trash, trash" and threw it away. We have the best time with him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is some good with the clearing of cupboards. You will always know you have and what you'll need. Alex, keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Alex,
    playing with the cupboards looks like a lot of fun. I have just started to pick the packs of pasta and take them out of the drawer. My mom does not seem to like it and she stops me every time. Maybe what you do is more acceptable so I will try that next time!!!
    Thanks for the tips buddy!
    Your friend, Chris

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous12:11 AM

    Alejandro Juanito Campblito.... NICELY DONE!!!!! .. tell mommy you need your own snack drawer too! Tell her to put cheese nips and cherrios in there.. hehe.. too cute!

    ReplyDelete