Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Thanksgiving, 2008

This Thanksgiving was a special one for me as I got to share it with both of my grandmothers. The last time I saw both of them together was nearly 10 years ago at our wedding (and both my grandfathers, too, although they have since passed on). My Dad's mom ("Nyanya") was here from Oregon for a 2-week visit. She left the day after Thanksgiving. My Mom's mom ("Grandmother") lives in southern Michigan, about a 2-hour drive from Livonia, so my parents brought her up here to celebrate Thanksgiving with us.

I am thankful for many things this year... a safe move... Rusty being almost done with grad school... a wonderful husband and precious son... a healthy pregnancy... caring and supportive parents. But this year, as we sat around the table and feasted on turkey and stuffing, mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce, and sweet potato casserole, I was also thankful for my heritage of faith... for the godly women who raised both my parents to know the Lord, and in so doing impacted my life, my upbringing, my choices, and my own spiritual journey.

L to R: Grandmother, Mom, Dad, Laura, Alex. Seated: Nyanya. Not pictured: Rusty (behind the camera).

7 comments:

  1. We're glad you made it in time for Thanksgiving Dinner, too. It was great having everyone together.
    Love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad your move went smoothly. This is such a sweet post--and sweet picture! It was good to see a picture of your mom and dad!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:04 PM

    Hey holmes...what's your new address? Can you email it to me...domo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous8:14 AM

    UPFRIIGGINDATE!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rusty and Laura - I found your blog and just wanted to say hello,
    In Him,
    Keith Fussell

    ReplyDelete