Friday, October 08, 2010

A Week in the Life: Sexta-Feira (Friday)

7:15 a.m. - Rusty and I get up. My alarm didn't go off and I overslept. The boys are still asleep. Rusty wants to take Alex to school earlier this morning so he has time to talk with Danny about the team retreat coming up in November.

7:30 a.m. - We wake Alex up to get him ready for school and feed him breakfast.

7:50 a.m. - Rusty and Alex leave the house. They miss the first bus they are trying to catch, so they wait for the next one. As they are waiting, Rusty remembers that today is the first day of the month and we need to put our new stickers on our bus passes. Only problem is -- he has both his sticker and my sticker in his wallet. They hurry back up the hill to our apartment so he can give me my sticker, and then they miss the next bus.

8:30 a.m. - Rusty and Alex get on the bus they usually take to school.

9:00 a.m. - Ana comes over and I head to class.

9:30 a.m. - Our last Portuguese class of the week begins.

11:30 a.m. - Class is over. Rusty goes home and I go up to the mall.

1:30 p.m. - I arrive home with Alex. Rusty goes downtown for his afternoon class. After his class, he will meet up with the other guys for Guys' Night Out. Stephen is sleeping. Alex does some quiet activities and watches a little TV. I update our email address book so our newsletter can go out tomorrow and do some laundry and dishes.

4:00 p.m. - Stephen wakes up. I pack the diaper bag and get ready to go to Katie's house for Girls' Night In (with the kids). In two weeks, it will be our turn to have a night out, while the guys have a night in with the kids.

5:00 p.m. - We hop on a bus to go to Katie's house.

5:15 p.m. - We arrive at Katie's. The kids enjoy playing together while we visit.

6:00 p.m. - We have dinner -- yummy French toast! Then we have a short Bible lesson for the kids. Katie teaches tonight about Abraham. It's fun to watch our kids learning about the Bible and having fun together.

Coloring

So focused!

Stephen trying out Sophia's bouncy chair

8:00 p.m. - Alex pees all over himself and Katie's bathmat because he waited too long to go to the potty! This hasn't happened in months. I don't have any clean clothes for him, so I tell him he will just have to wear his wet things home.

8:15 p.m. - I leave Katie's to catch the bus home.

8:45 p.m. - We arrive home, and I get the kids bathed and ready for bed.

9:30 p.m. - The boys are in bed. They are tired, so they go right to sleep. Rusty is still not back. I expect he will be home late. I play on the computer for awhile and download an episode of "Covert Affairs" to watch.

11:30 p.m. - I head to bed. Rusty is still not back. The guys always stay out pretty late for Guys' Night Out.

No comments:

Post a Comment