Thursday, June 02, 2011

Recent Field Trips: Lisbon's Funiculars

There's been a lot going on around here lately. I guess that's why I haven't done much blogging. I've been going through our pictures, trying to organize them somewhat, and thought it would be fun to share some photos of some of our recent sight-seeing. First off, I'll share about the last several field trips we've taken with Eunice. In February, we toured Lisbon's elevadores, or lifts. Three of the four are old funiculars (see a picture of one here). The fourth, the Elevador de Santa Justa, is Lisbon's only true vertical lift. We can ride all of them free with our bus passes. Here are a few pictures:

One of the funiculars

 Stephen and me inside the car

Fabulous view from one of Lisbon's miradouros (viewpoints)

No comments:

Post a Comment