Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Christmas Partied Out!

I am officially Christmas partied out! And it is not even December 15th yet -- is that sad or what? This last weekend, I had no less than FIVE Christmas parties to go to. On Friday, I went to a homemade ornament exchange party with 10 friends. Each person who attended made 10 ornaments, and at the party we swapped. I came home with 10 new, extremely cute ornaments for my tree. And the best part is that each one will remind me of that friend in the years to come when I decorate the Christmas tree.


On Saturday, Rusty and I helped host our school Christmas parties. We had two parties during the day -- one in the morning for the younger children and one in the afternoon for the older children. The parties were a lot of fun. The kids made reindeer out of clothespins, played Christmas Bingo, had a "snowball fight" with wadded up newspaper, and had a gift exchange.


On Saturday evening, we also attended a party for the adult students of World English Center. The party was at the "50's Diner" in Taga, one of Rusty's recent finds. The chef is a young woman who studied culinary arts in California for 2 years. She makes the best onion rings and apple pie we have ever tasted -- both were featured on the menu that evening.

On Sunday evening, we hosted the LKT (Let's Keep Talking) Christmas party at our house. LKT is the weekly follow-up program to LST (Let's Start Talking), a 6-week summer program that offers free English lessons using the Bible as a text. Rusty and I have been involved with the LKT Sunday night classes this fall; there are also other classes that go on during the week. I made chili and cornbread -- I guess it was a big hit, judging from the way the pot was practically scraped clean. We played games, sang a few Christmas carols, and had a gift exchange. It was good to get to know some of the students outside of the "class" setting.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous4:55 PM

    Laura,
    I love reading about all the happenings there, even the seemingly everyday ones. Thank you for taking the time to post your comments and pictures. It makes me feel like I'm not missing 'everything'. Lots of love, Mom

    ReplyDelete