Sunday, February 04, 2007

Ten Months Old

Alex was 10 months old on December 28th (yes, I know I am a bit behind in posting this update). His major milestones this month included graduating to a bigger "convertible-type" carseat and FINALLY getting his first tooth! I was beginning to worry that the child would be toothless his whole life when the sharp little sucker decided to appear. He also enjoyed learning to crawl up the stairs while we were at my parents' house (going down is still a problem). And, he has taken a few steps on his own, although quite by accident (he thought someone was holding on to him, when they really weren't). I am waiting to declare him a walker, though, because crawling is still his preferred method of getting around for now!

For the 10-month photo, we tried for the perfect pic of Alex in front of the Christmas tree, but that proved to be Mission Impossible! Just you try getting a crawling, everything-goes-in-the-mouth baby to sit still in front of a tree filled with all sorts of shiny ornaments just begging to be touched and tasted. Anyway, as you can see from the pictures below, we finally gave in and let him hold a couple of the sturdier ornaments in an attempt to get him to pose for the camera. But then, we ran into the problem of the ornaments he was holding obscuring the picture on the front of his adorable Christmas sweater (a red pick-up truck with a Christmas tree in the back). Ah, life with a little one -- it's never dull, and it sure keeps me on my toes, I'll tell you that much!



No comments:

Post a Comment