Saturday, January 23, 2010

Top Ten: Christmas

I guess it's about time I posted some pictures of Christmas. Of course, there were so many great ones, but I forced myself to keep it to my "top ten" favorite pictures of the holiday season, 2009. Hope you enjoy!

Although we celebrated the holidays with my parents in Michigan, we decided to put up our own tree in Nashville. It provided a good opportunity to weed through some of our ornaments and other Christmas stuff in preparation for our move to Angola. It's weird to think that the next time we get this stuff out, we'll be celebrating our first Christmas in Angola (Lord willing).

The boys enjoyed watching the electric train go around the Christmas tree with Daddy.

After we got to Michigan, we spent a morning decorating sugar cookies with Uncle Matt and the lovely "Miss Janille," soon to be Aunt Janille!

We had our traditional lamb dinner with Hayward and Sandra Burton, a.k.a. "Grandma and Grandpa B". This sweet couple has meant so much to our family through the years!

On Christmas Eve, we went to the Henry Ford Museum to see the Lego display, which was totally cool. Alex agreed to sit on Santa's lap for a picture when he found out that Santa was giving away Lego sets to all the kids!

On Christmas morning, Santa surprised me with a Kindle! As you can see, I was thrilled!

And Stephen received a stocking handmade by Nyanya!

Alex enjoyed learning how to use Nyanya's new Wii Fit (with Daddy's help, as you can see).

The boys made music on the piano...

... but Matt and Janille's duets were definitely nicer to listen to!

It was such a special Christmas, full of lots of special moments that will live in our memories in the years to come. I'm thankful for all the years we've gotten to spend Christmas in Michigan because I know once we are living overseas again, our holiday seasons Stateside will be few and far between.

2 comments:

  1. Laura, I love the picture of you with your new kindle. Too bad there's not video the moment. I bet that would have been good to watch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved them! Made me miss everyone so much... wish we could've been there! Love you and praying for you... email details of plans sometime. I'm so glad we get to see each other in JULY!!! Woohoo for weddings!

    ReplyDelete