Monday, January 21, 2019

Recap of 2017

It's a new year. It's 2019! The thought just boggles my mind. This year, Alex will become a teenager. Stephen will turn 10. Rusty and I will celebrate 20 years of marriage, and we will pass the 7-year mark of living in Ecuador. I certainly don't "feel" old enough to have been married two decades and be the mom of an almost-teenager. But the gray in my hair and the laugh lines around my eyes tell another story.

I've never been big on New Year's resolutions. As a perfectionist, I am prone to unrealistic expectations of myself and making New Year's resolutions just sets me up for certain failure, followed by feelings of guilt for not measuring up. I'm hard enough on myself without adding on that negativity. But as the New Year rolls around each year, I do like to think in terms of goals for myself, or habits that I would like to focus on. "Writing more" usually finds itself at or near the top of the list. For me, this can take many forms -- blogging and personal journaling being my two favorites.

In that vein, I decided it was time to finally get this blog updated, and then hopefully keep it updated going forward. Below, are links to various photo albums on Facebook that offer a "photo recap" of the year 2017. The first two are my personal photo albums (one focused on our life in Ecuador, the other on our 2.5 month furlough in the U.S.), while the rest are albums on either the Camp Bellevue or the Campbell Family in Ecuador Facebook pages. (You can like and follow us there to keep up with our ministry goings-on.)

***Please note: On my personal page, I have my privacy set to "friends only," so if you are not my friend on Facebook, you will be unable to view the first and second albums. The albums on our ministry pages are all public, and anyone can view those, even if you don't have a Facebook account.

2017 Annual Photo Recap
Furlough, 2017
After School Program, 2016-17
San Jose Chico House Project, 2017
Ecuadorian Missionary Retreat, 2017
Short Term Groups -- June, 2017
Family Mission Trip, 2017
Summer Camps, 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment