And on May 29th, Rusty and I celebrated another milestone. We have now been married seven years! Wow! Do we qualify as old married folks yet?
I know there are people out there who have been married a lot longer than we have, but in today's world of one-night stands and disposable relationships, I'd say seven years is still an achievement. It hasn't always been easy. There have been challenges, struggles, and difficult times. Arguments, misunderstandings, hurt feelings. But there have also been good times, adventures, and special memories. Laughter, fun, and through it all, love. I feel so blessed to be sharing life and now raising a family with such a wonderful, caring, godly man!
In the last seven years, we have:
- made three international moves (America to Japan, back to America, back to Japan)
- driven across the United States twice (from Portland to Memphis and back again)
- visited 23 different states
- traveled to 9 foreign countries -- the Bahamas, Hong Kong (twice), Macau, Kenya, China, Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, and England (and Rusty went to France without me!)
- lived four years (almost) in Japan
- traveled extensively throughout Japan, managing to hit all four main islands in our first three years (highlights included two major road-trips and the Ice Festival in Sapporo)
- been on one mission trip to Kampala, Uganda (a Let's Start Talking campaign in 2003)
- owned eight different vehicles (not all at once!)
- lived in five different homes
- both started master's degrees (and let's hope in the next seven years, we can finish them!)
- made many, many new friends!
- and last, but certainly not least, become parents together (and we both agree this is just about the coolest thing that's happened to us so far)
I don't know what the next seven years will hold, but if they are anything like the first seven, I have a feeling that I am in for quite a ride!