Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Indulging Our Obsession


battlestar1
Originally uploaded by rustyandlaura.
For those of you who have been wondering why we haven't been blogging very much lately, I have two words for you: Battlestar Galactica. This scifi drama, a "reimagining" of the original series produced in the 70's, is arguably the best show on television these days (sorry, LOST fans), and certainly the best, most creative, most thought-provoking science fiction show I have ever watched. Even if you aren't a fan of science fiction, you should certainly give this show a try as it is primarily a human drama, with the setting being outer space. And don't worry, there aren't any green one-eyed aliens running around the set.

Anyway, Rusty and I got hooked (shamelessly addicted, actually) on this show last year when the first season was airing on the SciFi Channel. For my birthday this year, I asked for Seasons 1 and 2.0 on DVD, and my parents brought them over when they came to visit in March. They also brought a few of the most recent episodes on VHS, which they taped for me before their trip. So, for the last week and a half, we have engaged in a "Battlestar Galactica" marathon. Now that we are finished, I promise to get back to blogging. I have Easter pics of Alex to post, and more.

By your command.

2 comments:

  1. Hey guys...I promise that Hitachi and visiting the Campbells will be on any itinerary to Japan. we might make a trip between the US and Australia before moving there. That would be so fun! Glad you are getting a little R&R!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is cracking me up. You know I've been equally obsessed with the final episodes of Alias of late! TV on DVD was a brillant invention, don't you think?

    ReplyDelete