Thursday, April 23, 2015

Birthdays and Birthday Parties

Our family celebrates two birthdays in April -- mine on the 1st and Stephen's on the 6th.

These are some pictures of my birthday lunch at the Café de Vaca, one of my favorite restaurants in Cayambe:

And here is Stephen at his family party. He requested chocolate cake with vanilla frosting.

In 2013, I did a joint birthday party for Alex and Stephen, and it worked so well that I did one again in 2014. We planned it on a Saturday in mid-April. Since we live at a camp now, and because our house is small, I decided to plan an outdoor party. We rented a couple of bounce houses, and I set up a couple of other carnival-type games, plus put out things like sidewalk chalk and bubbles and just let the kids play and have fun. For lunch, we roasted hot dogs around the camp fire pit and then finished things off with a S'mores Ice Cream Cake -- a big hit! It was a fairly low-key and stress-free party for me, which I needed with a 2-month old baby in the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment