Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Month by Month: 6


Elizabeth celebrated her 6-month birthday on August 8, 2014, right at the end of our first youth camp. Maybe that's why I don't have a lot of pictures of her at this time! Rusty snapped these one morning when he was snuggling in bed with all the kids and I was down at the kitchen.

The sixth month brought the introduction of solid food to Elizabeth's diet. I held her off as long as possible -- because we were so busy with summer groups, I did not want the extra work of making baby food. (You can buy baby food in Ecuador, but there is not a lot of variety, and most of what you can buy is loaded with added sugar. Plus, it's very expensive.) Elizabeth took to her new diet well and liked everything I served her.

Developmentally, she was still on the small side, but I was hopeful the solid food would help her start to bulk up. She was rolling over, but not sitting up yet. It was hard for me to believe she was 6 months old since she was still so tiny and not yet able to do the things my boys were able to do at 6 months. Still, since she's my last baby, there's a part of me that wants her to stay little as long as possible!

No comments:

Post a Comment