Monday, April 27, 2015

Month by Month: 5


July 8, 2014 - Miss Elizabeth was 5 months old!

You may be getting tired of the Month Milestone posts. I may be getting tired of writing them! However, I determined that, since I did these posts for each of my boys, I was going to do them for Elizabeth as well. I'll use them to create my blog book for 2014 -- it's the only baby book she's likely to get!

Life seemed to get busier and busier as the summer progressed. By the time Elizabeth was 5 months old, she was almost entirely formula-fed. I still tried to nurse in the mornings and the evenings, but she was growing increasingly frustrated, so eventually I gave up. I still remember the last time I nursed her. It was a bright sunshiney morning, and I sat on my bed and nursed her one final time. I cried a little bit -- I had envisioned extended breastfeeding since she was my last one, and letting go of that was hard. I'm glad I was able to nurse her for the first few months at least.

At 5 months, Elizabeth was rolling over and laughing. Her brothers delighted in trying to make her smile and laugh. She seemed to get cuter every day. How is that even possible?

No comments:

Post a Comment